Welcome to the Assini's Home Page
What's this website all about ?
This website exists to help all members of the dispersed Assini family meet each other and share their knowledge about the history of the family.
With the help of Internet, for the first time, people from all the branches of our family and living in all parts of the world will be able to "meet" and "talk".
If you like puzzles you can think of the history of our family as a giant puzzle made of millions of pieces.
Most of them are lost for ever but some can still be found into our memories.
Nobody has ever recomposed the puzzle or know what the whole picture looks like.
Now that the World has become a small electronic village we can sit around a (virtual) table and try to put together these broken pieces and get a glimpse of what the life of ours ancestors has been.
What's even more interesting we will be able to meet new, unknown and foreign people that nevertheless have something in common with us.
Who did it and why ?
My name is Pasqualino "Titto" Assini and I am the author of this page.
In the summer of 1996 I made a small research on the Internet to see if some other Assini had been touched by the Net craziness.I found a couple of emails and I came in touch with Mark Assini from the USA.
At the start of November Josè Assini Perdomo contacted me.
He had had the same idea of looking for relatives on the Net.
I suggested him that we might try to meet others Assinis and put all the informations about the family on the Web.
A few days after he passed me a list of emails of Assinis that Fernando Assini had found.
So I thought: "there is definitly a pattern here !".
If three people that don't know each other lose some of their valuable time to look for other people with the same name there must be a reason.
It was time to "borrow" some webspace from my company's website and write down a few pages to make this mutual search a little easier.
The first problem was the choice of the language to use.
As we are an italian family, italian might seems the obvious choice.
Unluckily most of the youngest Assinis living abroad probably don't understand
this obscure mediterranean language.
So I decided to write in english and translate later to italian (when and if I will have the time to do it).
Anyway there is no reason to stick to a "standard language".
If you want to contribute to this pages feel free to use the language that you prefer.
A few words of warning:
- As my knowledge of english is limited you will find here many interesting errors.
If you know better please help me !
- The fact that I started this work doesn't mean that I consider myself the "commander in chief" of this website or that I have a precise idea of what should or should not appear here.
I am just willing to collect all contributions and ideas that can help us meet each other and shed some light on the history of our family.
And now that all has been said
Stand up and rejoyce, the Assini's virtual home is born !
OK, now you are ready to take a look at:
- The Assini's FAQ
- Whatever you wanted to know but you were afraid to ask
- The Tree of the Family
- All the little we know about our ancestors in a neat tabular format
- The Assini's Directory
- Find more Assini that you thought possible, on the Web and into the plain old World
- Points of view
- How does our family history looks like seen from different points into the Tree
What, your name is not there ?
If you are a real Assini, don't fear anything and:
Don't wait, act now !
- let us know that you are there
- send us some informations about you, your family and your ancestors so that we can "find your place in the Tree"
- contact other Assinis (especially the elders) and ask them about the history of the family
You can send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In Brasil you can contact Josè Assini Perdomo
created: 11 November 1996 revised: 16 July 2008
Send your comments to Titto